The importance of IT governance qualifications
IT governance is a key component of corporate governance and is at the heart of strategic IT management in all successful organisations. The need for a closer alliance of business objectives with IT resources, a better return on investment and compliance with standards are all significant drivers to ensuring that information technology truly delivers competitive advantage. Senior managers and consultants who advise on IT governance are much in demand in organisations throughout the world.
Founded in 2011, the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ) was set up to help improve and standardise the range and quality of training for IT governance professionals. The organisation is a not-for profit association incorporated under German law and has been developed by a number of leading IT governance professionals and organisations.
Working to ISO 17024 – the international gold standard for IT qualifications
IBITGQ in an examination board that specifies the syllabus and learning outcomes required for the training course and exam associated with each IBITGQ qualification. It is also responsible for the appointment of Accredited Training Organisation’s (ATO), who are required to develop their own training material which both meets the requirements of each syllabus and is independently accredited by gasq (the Global Association for Software Quality) as meeting these requirements.
IBITGQ qualifications are certified by GASQ, which is working fully compliant to the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard (Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons)
IBITGQ aim to ensure that qualifications:
- Meet a global, industry-recognised benchmark
- Are consistent, comparable and reliable worldwide
- Demonstrate that holders have the necessary knowledge and skills
- Are validated to ensure they are recognised by employers and peers
More information can be found at http://en.gasq.org/
IBITGQ commercial partner
IBITGQ has appointed IT Governance Ltd as the official publisher of the IBITGQ Study Guides and IBITGQ Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) courseware information. Royalties from the sale of these publications are used to fund IBITGQ’s activities.
IT Governance Ltd is a single-source supplier of publications, tools, training and consultancy for IT governance, risk management and compliance to standards. The company is a leading authority on information security and IT governance for business and public sector organisations.
IBITGQ key milestones
- Global Association for Software Quality (gasq) becomes principle IBITGQ certification body for training course syllabus and examinations.
- IT Governance Ltd announced as UK ATO and official IBITGQ publisher.
- CIS LI and CIS LA examinations launched.
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications e.V. registers in Bamberg VR 200478 with the registered address Kronacher Straße 41, 96052 Bamberg, Germany.
- Exam portfolio significantly expanded to include ISO 22301 (CBC) exams.
- Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) programme is introduced.
- Training courses delivered by IT Governance Ltd are accepted by UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) for inclusion in ELCAS scheme.
- IBITGQ selected to provide certification for Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) training.
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications e.V. registers in Nürnberg VR 201503 following a change of address to Rothenburger Strasse 11, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany.
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Internal Auditor (CIS IA) course syllabus and exam available.
- International launch of the PCI DSS Implementation (PCI IM) qualification.
- IT Governance Ltd announced as official supplier of Live Online training courses and exams.
- CIS F, CIS LI, CIS LA and CITGP exams available as Live Online sessions in any global location.
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications registers in Nürnberg HRB 35145 as a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH) with the registered address Rothenburger Strasse 11, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany.