The importance of IT governance qualifications
IT governance is a key component of corporate governance and is at the heart of strategic IT management in all successful organisations. The need for a closer alliance of business objectives with IT resources, a better return on investment and compliance with standards are all significant drivers to ensuring that information technology truly delivers competitive advantage. Senior managers and consultants who advise on IT governance are much in demand in organisations throughout the world.
Founded in 2011, the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ) was set up to help improve and standardise the range and quality of training for IT governance professionals. The organisation was a not-for profit association incorporated under German law and has been developed by a number of leading IT governance professionals and organisations.
In 2018 IBITGQ was registered as a provate liability company in Nuremberg, Germany and is now a personnel certification body that develops certifications and certifies individuals in the field of IT governance.
Working to ISO 17024 – the international gold standard for IT qualifications
IBITGQ in an examination board that specifies the syllabus and learning outcomes required for the training course and exam associated with each IBITGQ qualification. It is also responsible for the appointment of Accredited Training Organisation’s (ATO), who are required to develop their own training material which both meets the requirements of each syllabus and is independently accredited by GASQ (the Global Association for Software Quality) as meeting these requirements. GASQ is an independent exam provider that manages exams on behalf of IBITGQ
IBITGQ qualifications are certified by GASQ, which is working fully compliant to the ISO/IEC 17024:2012 standard (Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies operating certification of persons)
IBITGQ aim to ensure that qualifications:
- Meet a global, industry-recognised benchmark
- Are consistent, comparable and reliable worldwide
- Demonstrate that holders have the necessary knowledge and skills
- Are validated to ensure they are recognised by employers and peers
More information can be found at http://en.gasq.org/
IBITGQ key milestones
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications e.V. registers in Bamberg VR 200478 with the registered address Kronacher Straße 41, 96052 Bamberg, Germany.
- Global Association for Software Quality (GASQ) becomes principle IBITGQ certification body for conducting examinations.
- Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) and Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) examinations launched.
- Exam portfolio significantly expanded to include ISO 22301 (CBC) exams.
- Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) programme is introduced.
- Training courses based on IBITGQ certification programs delivered by IT Governance Ltd are accepted by UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) for inclusion in ELCAS scheme.
- IBITGQ selected to provide certification for Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) training.
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications e.V. registers in Nürnberg VR 201503 following a change of address to Rothenburger Strasse 11, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany.
- ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Internal Auditor (CIS IA) syllabus and exam available.
- International launch of the PCI DSS Implementation (PCI IM) qualification.
- Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation (CIS F), ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI), Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) and Implementing IT Governance – Foundation & Principles (CITGP) exams available as Live Online sessions in any global location.
- International Board for IT Governance Qualifications registers in Nürnberg HRB 35145 as a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH) with the registered address Rothenburger Strasse 11, 90443 Nuremberg, Germany.