Code of Ethics
Introduction and scope
The IBITGQ Code of Ethics applies to all IBITGQ employees, experts, partners, certified individuals and other stakeholders. The clauses on impartiality, conflict of interests, and confidentiality are included in contracts with IBITGQ employees, experts, partners, certified individuals and other stakeholders, and their violation can result in contractual penalties with the right of extraordinary termination.
With exams ranging from foundation to advanced level, IBITGQ has become the first-choice certifications provider for information security managers, IT governance managers and consultants.
IBITGQ’s goal is to maintain a high-quality objective and impartial certification procedure throughout all the internal and external processes.
Impartiality is regulated at all levels of IBITGQ activities by:
- Communicating the importance of impartiality to employees, experts and subcontractors;
- Defining the impartiality provisions in expert agreements, employment contracts or contracts with the certification body for exam centres; and
- Establishing penalties for neglecting contractual obligations.
IBITGQ is impartial towards applicants, candidates and certified persons. The policies and processes for certification of persons are fair for all applicants, candidates and certified persons. IBITGQ does not use procedures to unjustifiably impede the access of applicants and candidates. IBITGQ does not allow any commercial, financial or other pressure to compromise impartiality. The guidelines for ensuring impartiality must be strictly adhered to by all IBITGQ stakeholders.
Conflict of interests
IBITGQ addresses potential conflicts of interest and takes measures to minimise them.
Conflicts of interest are perceived as such that they may potentially affect the integrity, confidentiality or impartiality of the examination or certification process.
IBITGQ requires that all its employees, experts, partners, certified individuals and other stakeholders report any potential conflict of interests.
IBITGQ maintains the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive, strategic or private customer information.
All IBITGQ exam content, including draft questions and their final versions, is strictly confidential. Disclosure of information about exam questions is prohibited to protect the integrity of the exam.
Confidentiality of information is governed by data protection declarations, exam conditions, confidentiality agreements, expert agreements, employment contracts and other contractual arrangements with IBITGQ stakeholders.
IBITGQ certified persons
- Agrees that their certification can be withdrawn if they did not comply with the examination conditions or if the examination or certification was not conducted in accordance with the examination conditions.
- Shall report to IBITGQ if the examination or certification process was not conducted in accordance with the examination conditions.
- Shall not distribute confidential information about examinations and certifications in any way or form to any third party.
- Shall act in accordance with the requirements of the respective standard as well as laws and regulations in their professional area.
- Shall perform their professional duties responsibly, fairly and impartially.
- Shall report any potential conflict of interests to their employer, clients, partners, IBITGQ and other stakeholders.
- Shall maintain the level of confidentiality required by their employer, clients, partners, IBITGQ and other stakeholders.
- Shall maintain the level of competency required to perform their professional tasks as well as further improve their expertise in their respective field.
- Shall fight against discrimination, corruption, or any other unfair practices in their professional field.
- Shall not act in a manner that could potentially compromise the reputation of IBITGQ.
- Agree that their certification is withdrawn in case of violation of this Code of Ethics.
- Shall inform IBITGQ if there is a violation of this Code of Ethics by any IBITGQ Certified Persons.